Ardour 3.5.403 released
October 2nd 2014
Ardour 3.5.403 is (yet another) CRITICAL bug fix release. ALL USERS ARE RECOMMENDED TO UPGRADE. Additionally, ALL LINUX DISTRIBUTIONS SHOULD IMMEDIATELY UPGRADE/UPDATE TO THIS RELEASE. Distributing earlier versions of 3.5 at this point is irresponsible and risks our users' data.
As with 3.5.380, this release includes several more absolutely vital fixes for bugs could lead to audio and MIDI files being irreversibly deleted from disk.
We still do not know precisely how these losses happened - no user ever found a reliable recipe to recreate all of them - but reports from several different users did lead to a careful code review which uncovered some potential for file loss.
There are a few other minor fixes and improvements described below.
As usual you can download it from the usual place, and as usual subscribers get this update without cost. Thanks to everyone for their support (and encouragement).
Once again, the OS X release situation has still not improved, though a demo 64 bit copy of this version is available (fully featured except that is has does no saving or restoring of plugin settings, and no plugin presets).
Additions & Changes
- New MIDNAM file for the Korg Volca series
- Use 1-based numbering for MIDI controllers, rather than 0-based
- "Show All Automation" for MIDI tracks shows all named controllers
- Support channel NoteNameLists in MIDNAM files
- amend the list of known video file extensions
- New versions of jadeo and harvid for video work, providing better compatibility with video drivers on various Linux systems.
- Fix rounding error on rulers and BBT grid
Robin Gareus, Paul Davis, David Robillard, Devin Pohly